The Florida Aquarium in downtown Tampa is a wide-ranging facility and a home to more than 20,000 beautiful sea creatures. Here you will find an assortment of both common and unique sea life including: tiger sharks, massive sea turtles, stingray, jellyfish, seahorses, leafy dragons, and even a Grouper Goliath. Experience sharks, alligators, penguins and much more! Immerse yourself in interactive programs like Dive with the Sharks, Shark Swim and Swim with the Fishes or take a Wild Dolphin Tour on board the Bay Spirit II, a 72-foot powered catamaran.
They also offer special Behind the Scenes experiences like Penguins: Backstage Pass are unique and exciting as you come face to beak with our adorable penguins. You can also check out the numerous hand on experiences available featuring: stingray, starfish, and horseshoe crabs. Here’s your chance to touch these beautiful creatures with your own hands! After exploring all the exhibits inside, splash away at the Aquarium’s new water play area, The Splash Pad!
In addition to the exhibits mentioned above, for an extra fee, you can purchase special additions. Here’s a listing of the various options available:
– Backstage Penguin Encounter – A 30-minute experience where you will get to pet penguins and observe them in a close setting.
– Dolphin Cruise – A 75-minute cruise with plenty of opportunities for sightings.
– Stingray Feeding – A tour providing additional information on stingrays with the opportunity to hand feed one yourself.
– Swimming with the Fishes – Swim with the fishes in the Coral Reef Gallery
– Diving with the Sharks – Certified scuba divers can swim with the sharks in the Coral Reef Gallery.
– Behind the Scenes Tour – See what happens after hours in the aquarium, including food preparation and feedings. You will also get to observe areas traditionally closed to the public.
A word of advice visit on a weekday for fewer crowds and a more relaxing experience. There are several rocking chairs and seats set up to relax and enjoy the tanks, However, on the insanely crowded weekends in can be hard to walk around, let alone relax.
Also, Check Groupon, Living Social, and Amazon Local for deals. You can save as much as 50% by using these sites. Or pick up a brochure with a coupon for $3 off each admission (available in the Tampa Visitors Center).
Oh! And one more thing, don`t forget to bring your favorite camera and be ready to take unlimited photos of captivating and candid moments on your trip.